Monday, March 23, 2015

He Lives

So this week we had mission tour.  This means a Seventy came and talked to us.  A Seventy is a leader in the church, if any of you are not familiar with the Mormon vocabulary.  It was very nice, the talk he gave.  He talked to us a lot about trusting in what the Mission President does and that we can´t give up.  No work is wasted.  It was interesting because a lot of the stuff that he said was almost the opposite of what the Seventy who came last year said.  At first I thought it was a little bit contradictory, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it would be stupid if God always said exactly the same thing.  Obviously He doesn't move, but we do.  If a father has two kids, he won't speak to them both the same way always. They are different and a good Dad will know that.  So why would God be different?  He knows us perfectly so he knows what we need to hear and when.  Sometimes he says no to one thing and we think it is forever, but really he is just saying not right now.   So the Seventy last year said what we needed to hear last year, and the seventy this year said what we needed to hear this year.  It makes sense that those things would be different. 
The rest of the week was good, too.  We didn't baptize, but the people are getting there.  I am not too sad about that, well at least not discouraged anyway.  Things happen when they are ready to happen.  I just need to work and trust in God.  And I do. 
I don't know if all of you know, but I know that God exists.  I have known that for quite a while, but I have learned on my mission that Jesus Christ really lives as well.  That is important.  He lived, suffered, died, and lives again for us.  If you don't know that, pray and ask God.  You will feel that it is true.
I love you all.


Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment