Sunday, July 5, 2015

Decisions

Today I would like to talk about decisions.  Decisions are important.  It is really quite shocking as you think about it, how much one wrong decision can change your life.  This week a missionary went home and, as usual, I had to take him to the airport. I had actually known this missionary for quite a while and he was going home basically because of one bad choice.  What he said repeatedly was that he wished he had just thought before he acted.  At times two choices are placed before us and we have the bad habit of thinking that we don't know where they will lead when in reality if we just think about it, we can usually make a pretty good guess.  But sometimes we just don't want to think about it and we make up excuses.  I know that if we just think about our choices, before we make them, things will work out a bit more.  Make goals in your life and then make the choices that will lead you there.  If we don't know where we are, and where we want to go, any path is fine. That is a lot easier but you never know where you will end up.
On another note, transfers have passed again.  I was yet again transferred.  I am now in the different ward in Ribeirão Preto but I am still in the mission office.  I am technically now companions with the Financial Secretaries, Elder Hill and Elder Kimura since Elder Aragão left the office and I can't really be companions with a senior couple.  I am also Relief Society President. By that I mean I am District leader to 3 companionships of sister missionaries.   I am accustomed to sister missionaries now so I am cool with it.  I have to deal with them a lot now anyway.  
I hope you have a great week!  I love you all!
Elder Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment