Saturday, June 27, 2015

Strange Transfer Coming



                 So today I will get the distinguished honor of baptizing someone who isn't even in the stake I am serving.  Last transfer I left Campos Elaseos (my last ward) and went to Vila Virgania. The investigator that we left in Campos is gonna get baptized and she wants me to baptize her. So we went through the bureaucratic process of getting the necessary permission. Which amounted to asking the mission president.  Sometimes people might say that the church gives too much power to a small group of men but sometimes it is really nice, like in this case.  I just had to ask him and he said okay. If this really was the crazy evil financial empire that some people think the church is, something as simple as that would have probably taken weeks to get approved. So I am very greatful for inspiration because then we don't have to worry about the corruption of men.  Some of you may be thinking that it just sounds more corrupt because all the power is in the hands of less people but if they did something contrary to God's commandments he would remove them from their position, even if it meant killing him.  I mean, he is God afterall.
                 Next week starts the next transfer and I will spend the weirdest transfer of my mission. I will basically be companions with a senior couple, I mean not offically but in reality it will be like that during the day. The Hawkins are quite a nice couple. They are definitely old and sometimes forget stuff (I think they have asked me about five times if I went to college before my mission); but they are really here to work that for sure.
I am having a good time and I am excited for this transfer.  I love you all and hope you have a good week!
Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment