Friday, April 3, 2015

What Does the Executive Secretary Do?

So as I said, my P-day is not a set thing.  Since there is general conference tomorrow, our p-day is today.  So that is going to be fun.  But really I am excited for general conference.
For those of you who are curious.  Now that I have been in the mission office for a week I can explain to you all a little better what it exactly is that I do now.  I am the executive secretary.  Mostly I make and edit a lot of excel documents, resolve problems for the mission president, make sure the missionaries have teaching materials, do the stuff for missionaries who are arriving and leaving the mission, and some other stuff, too.  One of the particular things that I have to do is organize the travel plans for all the missionaries who are leaving the mission which means in about a month I will buy my own plane ticket home (travel plans are made six months beforehand).  That is kind of crazy and a little bit scary.  I don't know if I am ready to go home yet.  I mean I still have time and all but it is coming up.  That is going to be crazy.
But moving on, the week was good.  We had a zone conference. So since I am now a staff elder I had to do a bunch of stuff.  It was interesting to see things from the other side.  The training the President gave was good as well.  The President’s wife showed us a clip from the movie Gladiator.  It made a lot of sense in the context of what she was talking about, but I still felt a little weird watching it since you know, missionaries don't watch movies.  
We have also been teaching.  I don't think I have ever done so much stuff in my days as now.  There is always a ton of stuff to do in the office, so we are running around the whole day and then we have so little time to work in our area that we are always going full speed at night as well.  I am enjoying it quite a bit but I don't think I have ever been quite so busy in my life.  
 I am doing well. The week is going and yours is too. I love you all!


Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment