Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year


          So it was a bit annoying to be woken up at midnight on New Years from all the noise because I would really have rather gotten my 8 hours of sleep. But I have to say that it was quite a beautiful sight out the window because I could see pretty much all of Franca and there were a ton of fireworks being launched.  It is one of the sights I will never forget but that a camera doesn't capture.  Before my mission I used to think that seeing pictures of somewhere was basically the same as being there. But then I went to Brazil, took pictures of things absolutely beautiful, and looked at the picture afterwards and it often wasn't the same thing.  It is a bit sad.
          But life is going back to normal now. We have been knocking a lot of doors, so this week we are going to try and stop being so stupid.  Knocking doors as a missionary is a bit like knocking down a wall with your head.  It works, but there are better ways.  So this week we are going to try and be a bit smarter and try and work more with the members. We will keep working one way or another, but hopefully find a hammer for this wall soon because my head is tired.  
          All analogies aside, I am actually sick but it is only a cold. It also hailed this week which was a bit cool even though we had to take shelter in the street. It is a fun memory.  
          Germina and Marcelo are basically active members of the Church now except that Germina isn't baptized yet.  We are working to fix that problem. Hopefully it will be resolved this week.
          This letter has been rather filled with analogous speaking so I hope you all understood.  I hope you all have a good week.  I love you all!


Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment