Monday, March 31, 2014

Traveling Some More

So this week we had Zone Conference! It was really good! The mission president talked about various things and it was very uplifting.  The bad thing about it is that, yet again, we were travelling a lot and couldn't work because we had to go to Ribeirão Preto which is a bit of a journey.  From the way travel worked out, we lost two days in Votuporanga. The week wasn't particularly fruitful either.  We lost several investigators that seemed to be very interested, but such is the way of things.  However, this week is a new one and we will definitely do better.  That is the good thing about a mission, there is always the next week to try harder.  
We did manage to have a good conversation with an investigator who has already received a testimony of the Book of Mormon but doesn't want to get baptized yet.  We think it is probably because he doesn't want to change his life.  It got me thinking about how much of what I do is because of what I believe.  Currently it is pretty much everything I do, but even before the mission; it had a big impact.  To be honest, it isn't always easy but it is always right.  It’s nice to know what is right.  When I am teaching people I don't have to worry about what questions they will ask me because I know what I am teaching is right, is true.  A lot of people think of church just as something good or something that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but what I am talking about here isn't that.  It is the truth.  Because of that, it never matters to me if it was/is hard or easy.
I hope you all have a good week!  I love you all!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment