Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Rest of My Mission Laid Before My Eyes

So my mission president told me this week what I will be doing for the rest of my mission.  So the senior couple arrived and they will be the new executive secretaries in the mission.  So I will spend the rest of this transfer with Elder Aragão and I training them and then Elder Aragão will be transferred and I will stay in trio with the other secretaries while I continue training them for a whole transfer.  Then, if the senior couple is ready,  I will leave the mission office, and I will be a zone leader for the rest of my mission (which is like 2 transfers).  It was very strange to have the mission president tell me exactly what would happen.  I think it finally hit me that I will be going home and I will not be a missionary for the rest of my life.  It’s kind of weird.  I also didn't really want to be a zone leader but the president said my calling has already been made so I guess there is no getting out of that.  
The missionary couple is very cool.  They are Elder and Sister Hawkins.  Elder Hawkins baptized President Brum when he was serving his mission in Brazil in like the sixties.  President Brum was just a kid but he remembers.  I am mostly training Sister Hawkins because she doesn't speak Portuguese so even though Elder Aragão speaks English more or less, I guess I am more suited to that task.  Sister Hawkins is very grandmotherly.  She wants to get rid of everything in the office that I don't know what it is, which isn't always the best course of action because there are other people's stuff here.  But it will all work out in the end, I am sure, and the office will end up being less cluttered, even if we do throw out somebody's stuff.  
But it is a good week.  I love you all!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment