Saturday, June 20, 2015

More Training

So this week was interesting.  There was a lot of travelling, but mostly I just stayed in the office and held down the fort.  I have continued to train the senior couple.  Elder Hawkins is getting it quite well since he already speaks Portuguese.  He is really quite smart.  He was a major in the air force and also sold cars and did taxes after he retired so he is more used to this kind of work.  Sister Hawkins, without any real notion of the language is going a little bit slower; but I am sure she will get it with time.  Well I mean she has to get it because if she doesn't, I will never get out of here. 
I guess I am entering into the last bit of the mission.  I have come to the conclusion that I have absolutely no idea what I will do when I get back.  But I guess that will work out.  It seems like there really wasn't enough that happened for the mission to be drawing to a close.  I still feel like it was not very long when I look back.  I don't know if everyone feels like that.  I want to make it clear, I am not saying the old cliché, “It passes fast,” because I don’t really feel that way.  I am saying that looking back, it doesn't really seem like that much time has passed.  I feel like there is lots more to do but there just isn't a whole lot of time.  I guess this is all there is then because even though I wasn't perfect,  I don't regret how I worked in my areas, my conscience is clear.  
Please don't misunderstand, I am not coming home tomorrow so there is still some time to work so I hope that these will be good months.  I love you all!  I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment