Wednesday, December 18, 2013

In the MTC Week 2

Hello everyone!
The MTC is an interesting place.  You can definitely learn a lot here.  It is really incredible what someone can do with God's help and when they work hard. That’s not to say I like it much.  I think I would much rather just have all missionaries come here for two weeks and then be off to wherever they are going.  Obviously my Portuguese is not great yet but I feel like it isn't going to get that much better until I am actually surrounded by Portuguese speakers.  But with visas the way they are that could be a while.  However, the visas are getting better.  A district from our zone just left and three of the eight got their visas before they left.  It used to be only half that many were getting them before they left. I am hoping most of my district is able to get it before they leave but we are all kind of in different parts of the process from what I can tell.  

There are some very weird things about being a missionary.  Like for one thing, I am already feeling weird about my first name.  When one of the other Elders in my district asked me what it was, it sounded weird when I said it.  I am also almost more comfortable in a suit then jeans now, but only almost.  

One of the biggest miracles I have seen since I got here is that following the rules is very important.  I have gone to bed at 10:30 every night since I got here and while a lot of other Elders who were often more lenient with their bed times have had trouble with the long hours, I have felt as refreshed as ever.  It’s not like I am really getting that much more sleep or some kind of super human, it is just that the Lord really does bless us when you do what we are supposed to.  I know this because last night I went to bed maybe ten minutes late and I slept right through the alarm.  My companion had to wake me up.  Some times I don't understand all the rules and they are hard to follow but it makes a difference.

I hope everyone is doing well! I know this is where the Lord wants me right now and I know this is what I am supposed to be doing.  I love you all.

Elder Russell

 P.S. I will send some pictures next week when I finally get the SD card reader that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment